Toronto 4-Day Externship in
Emotionally Focused Therapy
Friday June 4th | Saturday June 5th
Friday June 11th | Saturday June 12th
Time: 10:00 AM to 3:45 PM
Orientation Evening Thursday May 6, 2021 - 7:00 to 8:30 PM
Due to Covid-19, the International Centre for Emotionally Focused Therapy is encouraging trainers across the globe to choose between holding their externships online or in person based on public safety. The Toronto Centre for EFT is excited to announce our June externship.
We're being Creative!
Part One: Stream Sue Johnson in the privacy of your own home or office!
This is so exciting! Nobody talks about emotion, attachment and the field of psychotherapy like Sue Johnson.You don’t want to miss this and you can watch at your leisure. - Robin Williams Blake
Part Two: 18 hours over 4 days with ICEEFT Trainer Robin Williams Blake.
General Objectives: Externships in EFT
* Create and maintain a positive alliance with clients.
* Plan a treatment for therapy in collaboration partners.
* Demonstrate how to track and reflect a couples negative cycle in stage one of EFT.
* Evaluate the level of distress in a couples relationship.
* Identify a couples within/between cycle that keeps the pattern of interaction alive.
* Conduct attachment history sessions during the assessment phase of the EFT.
* Assemble each partners' emotional pattern and make it more explicit.
* Practice in role plays helping partners touch their vulnerability while staying in there window of tolerance.
* Apply EFT interventions to help clients reprocess their emotional responses dysfunctional that maintain relationship distress.
* Name the markers for stage one completion.
* Design and create conversation to shift negative patterns in stage two of EFT.
* Choose key EFT interactions and events that build secure connection with others.
* Detect and overcome therapeutic impasses and address existential dilemmas.
* Define single core emotional experiences and promote emotional balance.
* Summarized emotional regulation and interactional patterns and shape models of self and other.
* List the five moves of the EFT Tango to shape corrective emotional experiences.
* Discuss and practice the micro interventions of the EFT/ EFIT modalities (e.g. heightening, validation, and empathic attunement)
* Integrate corrective emotional experiences into model of self and others.
* Formulate for clients their growing sense of competence and worth in every session.
* Complete and consolidate clients journey in stage three of EFT.
* Construct encounters in EFIT.
This training is the prerequisite for all other EEFT trainings.
Meet the ICEEFT Trainers
Robin Williams Blake
Dr. Sue Johnson is an author, clinical psychologist, researcher, professor, popular presenter and speaker and a leading innovator in the field of couple therapy. Sue is the primary developer of Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT), which has demonstrated its effectiveness in over 25 years of peer-reviewed clinical research. Sue Johnson is founding Director of the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy and Distinguished Research Professor at Alliant University in San Diego, California, as well as Professor Emeritus, Clinical Psychology, at the University of Ottawa, Canada. Dr. Johnson’s best known professional books include, The Practice of Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy: Creating Connection (2004) and Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy with Trauma Survivors (2002). Sue trains counsellors in EFT worldwide and consults to the 35 international institutes and affiliated centres who practice EFT.
Read more at www.drsuejohnson.com
Robin Williams Blake, is a certified EFT trainer and supervisor. In 2005 he Cofounded what is now the Toronto Centre for Emotionally Focused Therapy. As a graduate faculty of Sir Wilfrid Laurier, Robin taught the 4-day EFT Externship online in May of this year. In the last few years, Robin has taught EFT at York University, for their 4th year social work program and was an adjunct faculty at the Living Institute of Existential Integrative Psychotherapy for 4 years. In 2016 Robin Robin presented at the 2nd level trauma clinic at Mount Sinai Hospital and just recently taught a two day into to EFT for the Niagara Health Teams. Presently, Robin is training Core Skills in Toronto, Cambridge and Fredericton, NS. and developing EFT in Southwestern Ontario. As a director of the TCEFT, Robin has been instrumental in growing EFT locally.He is a Registered Psychotherapist and has been in private practice in Toronto for 19 years where he sees individuals, couple and families using the EFT model.
Read more at: www.torontopsychotherapist.com
Location: ZOOM Online
Provincial sales taxes are included based on location of purchase
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.
For more information, questions or concerns please contact: Becky Fougere at:
This training is limited to 70 participants.
Please read Attachment Therory in Practice before the start of the Externship. The International Center for Excellence in EFT (ICEEFT), encourages all participants to read Sue Johnson's 2019 text before the start of the Externship.
Attachment Theory in Practice:
Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
with Individuals, Couples, and Families
For more information please contact Externship co-ordinator:
Registration has been move to our new website:
Registration includes all materials and Certificate of Completion at the end.
Become a Member of ICEEFT
during the Externship and receive an on site registration discount.
- Periodic quarterly electronic printable newsletters
- Discounts for conference (Summit) registration (15%)
- Discounts for purchase of training DVDs (15%)
- Opportunities for volunteer involvement on Committees or other ICEEFT initiatives and/or to submit questions, EFT tips or items for publication in the Newsletter.
- Be part of the EFT Listserv (not available to Associate Members)
- Listing on the website Directory (Must be licensed as therapists or counselors by a governing body. Not available to Student and/or Associate Members)
First year regular membership fee $65 (a savings of $31.05 for onsite registration only)
First year Student membership fee $50.00 (a savings of $23.45 for onsite registration only)
Lifetime membership $925.00 (a savings of $100 for onsite registration only)
All subsequent years, full membership fee will apply on Regular memberships.